Tuesday 12 April 2016

Found Another Brick Wall



I'm finding more brick walls as time goes on. Either that or my days are punctuated by circular arguments. The latest is that it seems that the NHS GPs have all the answers to my current difficulties. It doesn't help me that people around me tend to be of the 'go to your doctor for any health answers' mentality...like they are the only people on the planet who can help.

I got used to doing my own thing and finding my own solutions in the years I spent as a single parent and business owner. Now I am feeling isolated due to living out in the sticks where just about any trip out is a logistical nightmare, involving taxi fares and lengthy walks which I cannot do right now. The furthest I can walk is about 100 yards, if that....so venturing out to the town centre is impossible.

Added to this is the feeling I get that no-one has really taken it on board that my health status has changed recently and I have no idea if this is going to be permanent or something that will improve over time. 

I HAVE been offered outside support but can't get to the hospital to access it. I was sent a letter recently which included an offer for on-going therapeutic support as well as a rehab course...neither of which is accessible to anyone unless they live close to the hospital....does no-one think through any of this???



No comments:

Post a Comment