Wednesday 22 November 2023

Remembering My long Holiday With Billy



 Back in October 2013, I was having a bit of a moan about how my son was away for a second holiday that year. My daughter wasn't about when I called her care home on her birthday, only to find out that she was also on holiday, as that's what she had asked for the staff to organise for her birthday.

I was finding myself at a loose end and alone in the flat I shared with my son and his girlfriend at that time. An old friend of mine messaged me from the hospital where he was recovering from a major operation and said that when he was well enough to leave hospital I could stay at his place for a break away in Eastbourne.

I started visiting him regularly in Brighton Hospital, which involved a round trip of about 8 hours, on foot and by ferry, rail and taxi. Then when he transferred to the hospital in his home town in Eastbourne the round trip was about 10 hours. We got on so well that we ended up sharing a flat for 9 years after a couple of months of emergency housing in Travelodge.

Billy died last year on November 25th and left me with so many fun memories of the longest holiday I have had :)

No comments:

Post a Comment