Tuesday 1 September 2020

Medical Update and Progress

 A few months ago I was told by the practice nurse that a recent blood test showed I had prediabetes. This was just before the weekend then a Diabetes nurse phoned me on the Monday to offer me advice.

Then a few weeks later my fasting blood sugar had gone silly as I was getting readings of over 12 mmol when it should be below 8 mmol. This indicates that I have developed Type 2 Diabetes withing a few weeks of the initial phone call.

So...I visited Diabetes UK where I discovered they had a half price offer of the Low Carb Programme which you can find HERE 

I signed up straight away and have now got my fasting blood sugars down to around 6 or 7 mmol, which is brilliant!.


Pictured above is my latest toy. Billy asked me if I wanted one after seeing it advertised on TV. I don't get commission on recommending this and there wouldn't be any point as the place where I bought it from has sold out. I am really impressed with this as it's helped with my fitness and circulation so much, I am getting a lot more done every day. The flat hasn't looked this tidy in ages.

So what with the new toy, the low carb programme and the love of my good man, I am doing wonderfully well :)


No comments:

Post a Comment